William Christie conducts Hercules by Handel at the Paris Opera
- Les Arts Florissants
- William Christie (Conductor)
- Luc Bondy (Stage Direction)
- Malena Ernman (Mezzo-soprano) : Lichas
- Simon Kirkbride (Baritone) : Priest of Jupiter
- Joyce DiDonato (Mezzo-soprano) : Dejanira
- William Shimell (Baritone) : Hercules
- Toby Spence (Tenor) : Hyllus
- Ingela Bohlin (Soprano) : Iole
Musical Drama in three acts by Georg Friedrich Haendel (1685 - 1759)
Libretto by Thomas Broughton, based on Sophocles's 'Women of Trachis' and Ovid's 'Metamorphoses'
First performance in London, King's Theatre, 5 January 1745
Recording: Opéra national de Paris
Director: Vincent Bataillon
Would you like to see this program?