The Necks - Melbourne International Jazz Festival, Australia
Next broadcasts Friday, July 30 at 00:15 on Mezzo
- Tuesday, August 3 at 01:00 on Mezzo
- Tuesday, August 3 at 03:10 on Mezzo
- Wednesday, August 4 at 04:20 on Mezzo
- Sunday, August 8 at 02:50 on Mezzo
- Saturday, August 14 at 03:15 on Mezzo
- Monday, August 16 at 00:35 on Mezzo
- Tuesday, August 17 at 06:40 on Mezzo
- Wednesday, August 18 at 02:10 on Mezzo
- Friday, August 20 at 00:15 on Mezzo
- Monday, August 23 at 05:35 on Mezzo
From unlikely beginnings as a band experimenting privately with no intention of ever performing in public, The Necks have gone on to achieve extraordinary worldwide acclaim for their unique music making. Now in their fourth decade of collaboration, the almost-telepathic rapport between the trio is one of the most compelling in live music.
The Necks' live shows have been likened to an almost religious experience, conjuring a chemistry that defies description in orthodox terms. Performing off the back of Unfold, their most recent release and eighteenth as a band, this is an unmissable opportunity to experience one of this country's most iconic ensembles.
- The Necks
Recording: June 5 2017 - Melbourne Jazz Festival
Director: Mathieu Mastin
Would you like to see this program?