Keziah Jones - Jazz à Vienne
Next broadcasts Saturday, June 26 at 00:00 on Mezzo Live HD
- Saturday, July 3 at 13:00 on Mezzo Live HD
- Sunday, July 4 at 06:00 on Mezzo Live HD
- Monday, July 5 at 17:00 on Mezzo Live HD
- Tuesday, July 6 at 02:00 on Mezzo Live HD
- Wednesday, July 7 at 21:00 on Mezzo Live HD
- Thursday, July 8 at 09:30 on Mezzo Live HD
- Thursday, July 15 at 20:30 on Mezzo
- Wednesday, July 21 at 00:20 on Mezzo Live HD
Keziah Jones was born into a wealthy family in 1968 in Lagos, Nigeria. He was sent to school in England at the age of 8 and he taught himself to play the piano and guitar in London. He gradually created a stunning rhythmic blend of smooth funk, Hendrix-style psychedelia, pure Ikeja reggae and Yoruba harmonies. He called it BluFunk. Keziah Jones hung out English pubs in central London before heading to Paris where he was spotted in the underground in 1991. The album Blufunk Is a Fact and the track Rhythm is Love were international hits. After venturing through the desert of the mid-90s, he struck gold in 2003 with his fourth album Black Orpheus then the unstoppable Nigerian Wood (2008). Keziah completed an ambitious double album in 2013 flitting between Los Angeles, Spain and his kingdoms in London and Lagos. The dandy fighter is well and truly back to win over his audience.
- Keziah JONES
Recording: July 13 2017 - Jazz à Vienne
Director: Nicolas Micha
Would you like to see this program?