Donny McCaslin - Festival international de Jazz de Montréal
Next broadcasts Friday, July 30 at 00:20 on Mezzo Live HD
- Saturday, August 14 at 02:05 on Mezzo
- Thursday, August 19 at 02:40 on Mezzo
- Saturday, August 21 at 16:20 on Mezzo
- Sunday, August 22 at 02:15 on Mezzo
- Tuesday, August 24 at 04:00 on Mezzo
- Saturday, August 28 at 03:50 on Mezzo
Donny McCaslin is a tenor sax player. Influenced by his father, pianist and vibraphonist, he starts playing saxophone at the age of 12. After stopping by Berklee College of Music of Boston, he joins a quintet of a teacher from his school, Gary Burton, with whom he will tour for a few years. He moves to New York in 1991 and joins the band Steps Ahead. He will play with several more important music ensembles such as the Ken Schaphorst's big band or the Maria Schneider Ahead. In 2005, he joins trumpeter Dave Douglas'quintet. In 2010, he explores for the first time electric, funk, R&B and soul music. Moreover, David Bowie chose Mc Caslin's band to support his very last album Blackstar. In the past years, he was three times nominated for Grammys Awards.
- Donny McCaslin (INTERPRETE)
Recording: June 30 2017 - Montreal Jazz Festival
Director: Mathieu Mastin
Would you like to see this program?